Institute of Nursing Education (INE)
Institute of Nursing Education, School of Medical Education,Manimalalkkunnu was started B.Sc Nursing Programme on 15 th June 1995 at Lissie Hospital Ernakulam under the ownership of Mahatma Gandhi University Kottayam. The increasing demands for trained professional in different branches of allied medical sciences in India and abroad is the strong motive behind their venture. The building construction completed and the Nursing college started functioning at Manimalakkunnu from 1 st February 2013.
In 2017, this Institution has been handed over to Centre for Professional and Advanced Study Centre established by Govt. of Kerala. Other Nursing colleges under SME, CPAS are mainly located at Gandhinagar, Puthuppally, Pathanamthitta, Pala and Nedumkandam.
Presently this Institution is affiliated to Kerala University of Health Sciences,Thrissur. The Institution has approved of Indian Nursing Council and Kerala Nursing Council and Midwives, Thiruvanathapuram with an intake of 40 seats per yearly.
The college has adequate physical facilities as per INC norms including separate classrooms and well equipped labs. Our students get good clinical facility at various Govt. hospitals including Medical College Hospital, Thrissur, Mental Health Centre Thrissur, General Hospital Ernakulam and General Hospital Muvattupuzha and Community Health Centers like CHC Kotthattukulam and PHC Thirumarady. Students are actively participates in SNA programmes ie, Unit, Zonal, State level activity. Presently Institution is having 17 teaching faculty headed by Principal, Prof. Reny Thomas.
Various activities like PTA, Alumini, Staff development and Student welfare activities ,SSGP are actively functioning in the college.
To be a “Center of excellence” in providing high standards of nursing education ,practice and research which is required to preparing nursing professionals to take up Global leadership , in the ever-changing world
Institute of Nursing Education, Manimalakkunnu, educates and inspires students to become compassionate healers who demonstrate integrity, comprehensive nursing care, innovation, caring and excellence in taking up the challenges of the world.
1. To provide a broad-based education for preparation of nursing personnel at both basic and advanced levels who can function in a wide variety of Health Care setting and make their distinctive contribution in all branches of nursing for promotion of health, prevention of diseases, care during illness and maintenance of positive health.
2. To prepare a corps of well-qualified nurses for leadership positions to assume responsibilities in nursing and to promote the deeper study of nursing with a view to generate new perspectives, and about innovative approaches to deal with problems encountered in nursing and health field.
3. To maintain a Centre of excellence for the pursuit of higher studies in nursing and to prepare future nursing professionals to respond to the growing complexity of health care delivery at all levels
1. To provide opportunities which would enable the student to develop attitude to function as an effective nurse
2. To prepare a professional and technically skilled nurse competent to give comprehensive nursing care to the individual, family and community in sickness and health.
3. To prepare the student with guidance to take up leadership in teaching, nursing practice in hospital and in community health agencies
4. To provide the opportunities and experiences which would enable the students to develop and maintain interpersonal relationship with professionals and with the patients and relatives.
5. To provide the student with knowledge and learning experience which would enable her as a nurse to function with increasing ability, enlarge her capacity for her on professional growth as an effective citizen and representative of her profession.